Settings that apply to all users of your organization
The "Global settings" page can only be accessed by administrators. From here, you can define organisation-wide settings:
- the name of the organisation ("Details" tab);
- the default calendar view ("Schedule" tab);
- first weekday ("Schedule" tab);
- the working schedule ("Schedule" tab);
- displaying pending meetings on schedule ("Schedule" tab).
If you want to display all meetings on your schedule (including unapproved, "Pending" meetings), you can tick the appropriate box under the "Schedule" tab. By doing so, your users will be able to see how many concurrent requests exist in a specific timeslot (by going to "Daily View") and decide for themselves if they should rethink their schedule so it doesn't overlap with others' schedules.
Admins also manage several user registration settings. The options available here are:
- mute invitation emails ("Invitations" tab);
- allow new users to register themselves to the company account ("Register page" tab);
- allow registered users to be activated manually by the admin or automatically ("Register page" tab);
- choose a default type of user for the new registered users ("Register page" tab).
If the register page is activated, on the login page of the account a new link will appear in the bottom, right next to the forgot password link, which will allow new users to register to your organisation. This feature is very important if you have an unpredictable and hard to manage number of users, like a university that allows students to book labs.
Depending on the settings you choose on the "Register page" tab, users that register will activate automatically and they will be able to book rooms, or they will need an administrator approval before starting to use YArooms.
The Public access feature allows the users to connect to your YArooms account without having an user. If it is activated, a new 'Sign in as a guest' button will show up on the login page which will take the user directly to the schedule, without registration.
Setting up the Public access is simple, first you need to create a user in the Manage -> Users section. All the users who will log in as a guest will have the new user's access rights. Next, go back in the Public access tab within the Global settings, set the 'Activate public access' option on 'Yes' and choose the newly created user in the 'Public user is' selector.
After clicking 'Save' the 'Sign in as a guest' button appears on the log in page and your users will be able to connect as guests.