YArooms legacy support ending

As many of you probably already know, 9 months ago we have launched the new YArooms web application as a beta with the possibility to opt-in to use it. In the past months the new version matured and was launched as final to all customers almost a month ago.

For those who did not try the new version or don’t know what is it all about, you should probably check out the “Account -> Upgrade to the new version” screen in the legacy application as there are details and screenshots relevant to migrating the account.

Currently, both the legacy and the new versions of YArooms run in parallel on the same infrstructure, which enables us to allow users to quickly upgrade, but it is also keeping us from creating new features in the new application that would just not be compatible with those of the legacy version. Because of this, the legacy application will soon be discontinued.

The discontinuation will not mean permanent service interruption just yet, but upgrading to the new version will not be possible anymore as we will need to isolate the legacy accounts on a new infrastructure.

This will take place on the 1st of March 2015, in 3 months time. After that date, the legacy accounts will still be able to use YArooms for at least 6 more months, but after that we will probably shut down the legacy version.

At the time of writing this blog post, 81% of the users of YArooms are already using the new version and we strongly encourage the remaining 19% to upgrade to the new version.

New room booking features are waiting for you every week!

Dragos Badea, CTO, YArooms

Written on Monday, 01 Dec 2014





x

Cookies

YArooms uses cookies, a vital component of the web without which this website would not function. Find out more in our Privacy Policy.

x
room-booking-system-signup-image

Trying YArooms doesn't cost you
a dime, but
overlapping bookings might

Give it a shot!